Ajax Conservative Association
The Ajax Conservative Association is guided by the following objectives set out in our constitution:
- Supporting and promoting the principles, objectives and policies of the Party and maintaining an effective Association for that purpose.
- Providing organizational and financial support to the Party’s candidate or Member of Parliament in our Riding.
- Raising money and maintaining a fund to support the Association and assist candidates.
- Actively identifying potential supporters and recruiting new members.
- Encouraging the participation and recruitment of youth.
- Complying with the obligations, and benefiting from the rights and privileges of being recognized by National Council.
Conservative Party of Canada
The Conservative Party of Canada is founded on and will be guided in its policy formation by the following principles.
- A belief in a balance between fiscal accountability, progressive social policy and individual rights and responsibilities.
- The goal of building a national coalition of people who share these beliefs and who reflect the regional, cultural and socio-economic diversity of Canada.
- The goal of developing this coalition, embracing our differences and respectingour traditions, yet honouring a concept of Canada as the greater sum of strong parts.
- The Conservative Party of Canada will operate in a manner accountable and responsive to its members.
- A belief in loyalty to a sovereign and united Canada governed in accordance with the Constitution of Canada, the supremacy of democratic parliamentary institutions and the rule of law.
- A belief in the equality of all Canadians.
- A belief in the freedom of the individual, including freedom of speech, worship and assembly.
- A belief in our constitutional monarchy, the institutions of Parliament and the democratic process.
- A belief in the federal system of government as the best expression of the diversity of our country, and in the desirability of strong provincial and territorial governments.
- A belief that English and French have equality of status, and equal rights and privileges as to their use in all institutions of the Parliament and Government of Canada.
A belief that the best guarantors of the prosperity and well-being of the People of Canada are:
- the freedom of individual Canadians to pursue their enlightened and legitimate self-interest within a competitive economy;
- the freedom of individual Canadians to enjoy the fruits of their labour to the greatest possible extent;
- the right to own property.
- A belief that a responsible government must be fiscally prudent and should be limited to those responsibilities which cannot be discharged reasonably by the individual or others.
- A belief that it is the responsibility of individuals to provide for themselves, their families and their dependents, while recognizing that government must respond to those who require assistance and compassion.
- A belief that the purpose of Canada as a nation state and its government, guided by reflective and prudent leadership, is to create a climate wherein individual initiative is rewarded, excellence is pursued, security and privacy of the individual is provided and prosperity is guaranteed by a free competitive market economy.
- A belief that the quality of the environment is a vital part of our heritage to be protected by each generation for the next.
- A belief that Canada should accept its obligations among the nations of the world.
- A belief that good and responsible government is attentive to the people it represents and has representatives who at all times conduct